Sunday 23 December 2018

Athlete and High Performance Testing



I have retired from competitive sport (Triathlon - Commonwealth Games and Rowing - World Champs) but because I get involved in business, projects and change management get asked about helping with High Performance initiatives.

To be fair there are plenty of athletes, mentors and coaches so my work tends to be business related: helping businesses perform like athletes rather than coaching for athletes.

I have however been asked this..... (and am curious if there is a market for this in Jersey)

We are putting together testing services for athletes which include online monitoring and high level reporting of body competition, endurance testing, power testing and movement efficiency. We are consulting with international organisations who offer world class services in these areas. One of the objectives in addition to the use for our athletes is to open up a testing and evaluation centre in Jersey for non- high performance based athletes (i.e. enthusiasts, good club level and Island Games level). This will be conducted by our lab trained staff, providing reliable and cost effective approaches to monitoring. 

I have been given these.
1.     Example Metabolic Profile Report
2.     Suggested cycling battery
3.     White paper on VLMax (the new VO2).
4.     White paper no 2 on VLMax
5.     Load Characteristics in INSYD 

I am already flat-out with a range of interests including Jersey Charities, Jersey Policy Forum and Public Accounts Committee. However I know that the above would really have benefitted me when I was an athlete and I suspect there might be interest to others.

I'd value feedback either via comments or direct (timhjrogers@gmail.com or 07797762051)

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment