Monday 24 April 2023

SIX QUESTIONS WHICH PREDICT TEAM SUCCESS

SIX QUESTIONS WHICH PREDICT TEAM SUCCESS



1. I know what is expected of me at work
2. I have the materials and equipment I need to do my job right
3. I have the opportunity to do what I do best every-day
4. In the last 7 days I have received recognition or praise for doing good work
5. Someone at work encourages my development
6. At work, my opinions count

Many times as consultant or coach I see the following issues…

A. People understand the role of management in co-ordination, communication and collaboration but don't value micro-management of tasks.
B. People don't like chaos. There is a strong preference for predictable environments, managed workflow, consistent decisions and priorities and time to focus and get things right.
C. People don't mind being measured (eg timesheets, objectives, KPIs, successes) if they are clear about the objective, benefits and have the freedom to decide "how" they do their work.
D. People often know the best free tools, techniques and methods to do their job faster, cheaper and better. A lot of time, money, effort is wasted with indecision and interruption which compromise the outcomes.
E. People value being valued and that isn't always about remuneration. Sometimes it is thanks, appreciation, training, or simply being recognised as having achieved objectives, KPIs, successes etc.

My job as consultant or coach is to help people and organisations achieve their goals.

TimHJRogers
Adapt Consulting Company
https://www.linkedin.com/company/adapt-consulting-company
https://www.adaptconsultingcompany.com/company/

We support businesses with people, process and technology change. Either small (eg SME start-ups) or large (eg privatisation of public-sector organisations).

We do this as Consultant/Project Manager sometimes setting-up an in-house Project Management Office (PMO) and Change Team. We also Mentor for programmes like the UK IoD BeTheBusiness.

#people #process #performance #projects #programmes #pmo #change #processimprovement #projectmanagement #changemanagement #workshops #mediation #coach #icfcoach #mentor #facilitation #training #jersey #channelislands

No comments:

Post a Comment